Basics

Bobby Ray Henson died in 2012. I am keeping the topic for the stories Bobby Ray has written

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jim4371

Basics

Post by jim4371 »

Hi Bobby Ray,
Thanks for taking the time to chat with us.

May as well start of by asking how you got into the band and how your tenure ended, this period of Doors history is quite poorly documented.

Getting into the doors and how it ended

Post by Guest »

No one was as suprised as I when i got a call from John saying we're going on the road and we would like you to join us. He gave me a reason but, I rather not say. We did many tours and I swear after each tour I would say to my ex-wife, "Well, I think that is the last one." I couldn't see why they needed me. About a year later they put out a press release brochire with an interview with Ray and two pages of press reviews. The drum solo duet that John and I did on Saililn with ships was the hit of the concert on almost all the reviews and I think that's was part of what kept me on.

My last show with show with the doors was at the Hollywood Bowl as opening act for Frank Zappa. I knew it was all over, We all had dinner at a japennse restraunt on a hill on the other side of the Bowl.

Nothing was said, noone really knew but, I did:It was over.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Thanks for the reply, Bobby. I made some changes so you no longer appear as 'guest'.

Dan
sullen and aborted

hal blaine

Post by sullen and aborted »

when johnny rivers produced that album of yours , did you get to play along side hal blaine and the other great los angeles studio musicians. ? Did you get to rehearse the material with them before hand or did they perform it right on the spot in the studio. ?