Jim

Bobby Ray Henson died in 2012. I am keeping the topic for the stories Bobby Ray has written

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

Jim

Post by Stuart »

Hi Bobby, In the Time you were with ray, john and robby, did they they ever discuss jim with you and how they felt about his death in paris?.

Thanks.
sullen and aborted

bobby ray

Post by sullen and aborted »

I saw Thorinshield on Tv once on some hokey saturday afternoon rock show in Manchester New Hampshire. Do you recall this ? or was it an existing videotape that got sent around to local stations/? Do you have any stories about performing and recording with thorinshield that you could share?

Jim death in Paris and Thorinshield in New Hampshire

Post by Guest »

As it happens to happen this is what I know about Jims death and the doors reaction. It was the fourth of July and Robbie, John, Creed Bratton of the Grassroots myself and, our wifes were having a pool party at Robbies fatheres house. The eight of us use to hang out together alot. I had played bass on The Grassroots live for today alblum and thats how I became friend with Creed. Anyway, that night while we were playing Billy Siddons shows up and says there is something he wants to say. "Jim died yesterday in Paris. I heard about it yesterday but, I wanted to confirm it before I said anything."
I have an audio tape I made while just recalling my past and this is on it. I don't remember anything. Did we stay at the pool doing what we were doing? Did anyone get on the phone to call someone? I don't know. I guess we all were in shock. It was never spoken of again that I know of.

As for Thorinshield in New Hampshire yes, we were there. I have to say I have travelled touring quite abit and New Hampshire and Maine have a feeling in the air unlike anywhere eles. It was like going back in time to someplace and I'm from the south but , it's not as different as north east united states. That was one of the worst tours . no the worst tour I have ever been on. We had just released our album and single "The Best Of It" and had got to the top of the charts in Boston so the record label sent us on a promotional tour of the east coast. A promotional tour is one on which you do no concerts. You do radio interviews and occasional get to play at some diskjokeys dance concert: you play two songs and get back into the car to go somewhere eles. Thank you for remembering. Bobby Ray. The album is still for sale on-line. I never got one-cent from it. Even tho Noel Harrison. son of Rex hrrington, Girl from Uncle, recorded the the featured track, "Life is A Dream". Bobby Ray
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Thanks for replying.
sullen and aborted

thorinshield

Post by sullen and aborted »

thank you for the story.. it makes sense that when you play on New Hampshire Bandstand on a hokey television channel, then that would indicate that it is part of a promotional tour which you probably don't have fond memories of. A lot of popular music fans like hearing stories about the downside of the music biz as well as the glamorous stories. We are grateful that you have availed yourself to this on line forum...