Ray Manzarek

Bobby Ray Henson died in 2012. I am keeping the topic for the stories Bobby Ray has written

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

Ray Manzarek

Post by Stuart »

Hi Bobby, what are your thoughts on ray as a person? what do you think of him now as to "then".?.
Bobby Ray

Post by Bobby Ray »

Ray. Well Of the three I knew Ray the least. The first time that I really met him is when Kit & I invited John, Robby, Ray and their wifes to a dinner at our house for a newly dicovered threat: Avacado wrapped in a medium layer of eggs made as an omlet. topped with a creamy cheese sause and garnished with freshely toasted sunflowerseeds. Ra y always struck me as a serious person and very private. But remember or think about this. Ray was nominated or best jazz organ player of the year by Playboy Mag for a number of years. A fact which I think escaped the young Doors fans at that time but made Ray a player in the jazz field.

So, I can't say that I really know ray like robby, we use to go out on the doors boat together fishing or john who I have camped with on fishing trips, but I worked and praticed with them all for a good time and I have nothing but respect.

I havn't followed or know anything about what Ray has done since leaving los angeles ten years ago. So that's all I can think to tell you. If this makes you think of something eles. ASK

Bobby Ray