Dissapointed?

Bobby Ray Henson died in 2012. I am keeping the topic for the stories Bobby Ray has written

Moderator: The Freedom Man

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Dissapointed?

Post by The Freedom Man »

Bobby Ray,
Did you ever felt, when going on tour that people were a bit dissapointed about the music The Doors played?
You wrote that every tour good be the least.Was this one of the reasons?
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
sullen and aborted

Post by sullen and aborted »

the last tour that the doors did in 1972 went amazingly well by all accounts. The album put out around this time (Full Circle ) was a real dud however.
Bobby Ray

Post by Bobby Ray »

I think the first question was, were people dissapointed by the music. I listened today for the first time in what, 35 years to one of of concerts. It awaken many memories of what I don't remenber. Meaning I was surprised by what I heard. It was the singing that sucked not the music. Even the talking. Things said to the audiance. My B.A. is in acting and I know something about voice. And people know when you are singing or talking the truth. That was missing. The music blew me away from the unmixed versoin I heard. Ships with Sails, I loved it.
The Doors could have replaced Jim with someone who would sound just like him. I heard this. And with this comes a very heavy question: Do you replace Jim with a mimic and live in the past or go forward to the next step?
When I wrote every tour was the last I meant the last tour for me. I just couldn't see what I was adding to the mix to keep me on. Bit after we played the Hollywood Bowl I knew this phase of Doors history was over.
I have been asked question about the intent of certain lyrics. I will say right now I do not know and it never came to mind. That's not saying that there are not any. Who knows what lurks in the minds of men.