Question on photos and dress

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Psychic Linda

Question on photos and dress

Post by Psychic Linda »

I have a question you might want to pose to him: How did the guys usually dress for a gig?

Also, does he have any photos from the day that he will be sharing?

Dress code and class photos

Post by Guest »

What did we wear - Clothes. I personally, unless I was to announce the group, dressed casually, more like clothes one did not mind getting dirty. Remember that we handles 5500 pounts of equipment in 37 boxes. It took a crew of 4 05 5 depending on how many Band Boys were on the scene, about 1-1/2 hours to move in and set up.
At the end of the show, we had to take it al down, pack it up and pit it all back into a truck to move to the airport or next location. At the end of the show things were pretty dirty from being on the floor, sometimes in something wet as a result of idiots throuing beer cans - open of course - on stage, sometimes the effects of femaly groupies who managed to get to Jim and grab him becoming so excited that they pees on the floor - Disgusting isn't it. try picking up 800 feet of wire that has that on it in your Sunday Finest.

As for the Doors themselves - I would suggest that you look at old posters, perhaps fan mags. They were not outrageous, but colorful. Jim did not always wear the infamous leather pants, jeans, casual shirt. There was no set uniform they just did what they wanted.
Ray always dressed in a suit or really nice pants and shirt. He was the oldest of the group and tended to be more the "Gentleman" in his approach to clothes

IF, if there was an occasion where "Dressing up" I wore clothes that I purchaed in London inthe Fall of 1968. If there are any photos, I am sure there must be somewhere. - Amsterdam would be one example you might se what I wore. My favorite jacket was a red, almost crimson, trimmed with black piping. I had bark brown satin pants and white shirt with ruffled neckpiece and cuffs, - sort of 1750 style. Also dark blue crushed satin pants, I also has a suit custom taylored of brown color. Quite well made and warm. All the coats dress and formal were lines with satin. I wore these same clothes in my ever so brief appearances in the Doors Movie. I was in almost all the musical performance sots BUT, having earned the undying anger of Stone, most of me hit the cutting room floor. If I had that footage we could make a movire of the real star, and best dressed, star of the show.