Most looking forward to?

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

doorman

Post by doorman »

With that attitude we can kiss the IOW dvd goodbye, more chance of it being bootlegged.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

doorman wrote:With that attitude we can kiss the IOW dvd goodbye, more chance of it being bootlegged.
Pretty sure we'll at least see IOW.
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

I hope you are right. Jeff expressed that he/the Doors want all of the rights to the footage. Sony owns that footage, so we will have to wait and see.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

wha happened wrote:I hope you are right. Jeff expressed that he/the Doors want all of the rights to the footage. Sony owns that footage, so we will have to wait and see.
They probably won't mind giving a large sum of money to a company like Sony for full rights, but when it comes to people like Mr. Abram with a real gem...
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

I would think that if it was that easy, we'd have a Doors IOW release by now. There was a blurb on the website about a release back when BMA first started. Then Jeff talked about wanting total control in Jan. '05. There are how many IOW releases on the market from varous bands? Still no Doors. That speaks volumes.
doorman

Post by doorman »

A lot of the other bands shows have only been released in the last 5 years, i'd like to see this as a dvd in stores with maybe other stuff like the Doors TV appearances in a dvd box set.
I was pleasantly surprised at the dvd complilations that were in stores after the vhs releases, the 30th anniversary dvd was great and it was good marketing.
jdlaw

Post by jdlaw »

all those 1967 soundboards! :)
Last edited by jdlaw on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

jdlaw wrote:I'm most looking forward to Jeff's ass getting fired!
Same.

After reading the various post's of Jeff's on the LL, I've come to realize he's a business man first and foremost. He has little knowledge of the doors as a whole and he's not interested in learning about the band. Jeff's not really interested in the doors music. His main objective is to make the band money. To be fair, I know his hands are tied whenever Manzarek has a say. And, whatever Ray says, goes.

After giving it some thought, I decided I won't be helping Jeff and the doors out in their upcoming "doors singles project" after all. Count me out.
spyma2

Post by spyma2 »

Well I guess the Felt Forum shows since they r the last to be released that were recorded for absolutely live.
spyma2

Post by spyma2 »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:
jdlaw wrote:I'm most looking forward to Jeff's ass getting fired!
Same.

After reading the various post's of Jeff's on the LL, I've come to realize he's a business man first and foremost. He has little knowledge of the doors as a whole and he's not interested in learning about the band. Jeff's not really interested in the doors music. His main objective is to make the band money. To be fair, I know his hands are tied whenever Manzarek has a say. And, whatever Ray says, goes.

After giving it some thought, I decided I won't be helping Jeff and the doors out in their upcoming "doors singles project" after all. Count me out.
I cant understand Jeff Jampol's thinking. You would think he has gotten the message by now upsetting us fans about the unreleased IOW show, searching and purchasing tapes from tapers, and purchasing the Matrix Masters from PA by using the tacting our way or no way deal. How the hell does he expect to make money for the band
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

spyma2 wrote:How the hell does he expect to make money for the band
They make quite a lot of money selling crap with Jim's picture on it.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Seems a dead end race from the management. Inevitably, it would have to change.

Sneakers, t-shirts and remixes. BS.

They still have some interesting items that will feed the band for 2-3 years. Then, I guess they will have to change the mood.

Christ, all those 1967 SB! I fear that for every year, month, day, in which nothing changes, there are more chances for the tapes to get lost. :(

They will have to invest if they want to achieve sustainable profit.
spyma2

Post by spyma2 »

jim4371 wrote:
spyma2 wrote:How the hell does he expect to make money for the band
They make quite a lot of money selling crap with Jim's picture on it.
True but like you said it is crap!!!! It's amazing for a man who has been deceased for over 37 years is still financially supporting his old bandmates LOL!!!!!!
DalloLama

Future releases

Post by DalloLama »

Anyone know what Bright Midnight can release after the Felt Forum boxset next year? They don't seem to be purchasing tapes or have much in their archive...
dj_vera

Re: Future releases

Post by dj_vera »

DalloLama wrote:Anyone know what Bright Midnight can release after the Felt Forum boxset next year? They don't seem to be purchasing tapes or have much in their archive...
Well besides the Matrix set sourced from Abram's tapes, Seattle, Vancouver, and Bakersfield are no-brainers. But we have to wait to see if they actually will get the BMA treatment, particularily Bakersfield. Kudos with that Fillmore '67 gig. They can sell it as a losseless download if need be. It's missing the drum track, but the tracks that are present are really crisp! I think we more or less got an approval of a revamped Hollywood Bowl CD/DVD release as well. Hawaii has been uttered by Jeff before, but that might be a download-only release because of the quality. Even if they do have the master cassette, it would probably only sound slightly better than what we have and wouldn't be released as a standalone CD. Plus we'll see if Jeff attempts to get the rights to Stockholm and IOW.
doorman

Post by doorman »

Hawaii w/out cuts and the rest of Bakersfield would be cool.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

doorman wrote:Hawaii w/out cuts and the rest of Bakersfield would be cool.
It sure would be nice if that 2nd gen source for Hawaii that was used on BYB was circulated. =)
doorman

Post by doorman »

Come on Bruce.., give it up!!
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

maybe this record'n can be the first Official Download Concert on BMA website...with Bruce's help...their performance that night is great
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

2nd gen is in the hands of the peeps that helped set up BYB.
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

Isn't that circulating? The quality isn't much different than the other gen's from what I remember, except the DCM version which was bassy. They all have cuts. Maybe Ray's copy is more complete since he was the leak for this recording.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

The 2nd gen used on BYB may be gone for good. I spent some time trying to get it, but the only guy who had it can't find it and thinks he may have given the original tape to Robby. The best there is at the moment is a 3rd gen which is missing a portion of "Mystery Train" and most of "The End." The 3rd gen is a copy of the 2nd gen used on BYB. Personally, I'd rather have another transfer of the DCM source which is more complete and sounds like a lower gen. I'm guessing Shaw was Kerry's source for Hawaii. If Shaw still has the original tape, we should try to get a new transfer made of that source.
doorman

Post by doorman »

This show should be priority of which we know exists, i only have the DCM copy and i love it!.
Large portions of the epics missing..
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

san diego that shows badass
Carnival dog
LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE

Post by LetsMoveGrooveRAMPAGE »

I'm looking forward the most to the Outtakes release. I've been counting the days since it was mentioned on the September 2001 LL chat with Danny
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

That would be definetely Bakersfield and FF complete box set :mrgreen: