Question about Bright Midnight Sampler/Live in America

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

sixteendollars16

Question about Bright Midnight Sampler/Live in America

Post by sixteendollars16 »

Can anybody give me the specifics for each track on this album? Where and when it was performed, etc. I downloaded it from iTunes, so wasn't able to get the booklet (if it came with one). Thanks!
BrysonK

Post by BrysonK »

TRACK LISTING

LIGHT MY FIRE Recorded 1 May 1970 At The Spectrum In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - The Doors
BEEN DOWN SO LONG Recorded 8 May 1970 At Cobo Arena In Detroit, Michigan - The Doors
BACK DOOR MAN Pittsburgh Civic Arena In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - The Doors
LOVE HIDES Recorded 2 May 1970 At Pittsburgh Civic - The Doors
FIVE TO ONE Recorded 2 May 1970 At Pittsburgh Civic Arena In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - The Doors
TOUCH ME Recorded 21 July 1969 At Aquarius Theatre In Hollywood, California - The Doors
THE CRYSTAL SHIP Recorded 21 July 1969 At Aquarius Theatre In Hollywood, California - The Doors
BREAK ON THROUGH (TO THE OTHER SIDE) Recorded 17 Jan 1970 At Felt Forum Madison Square Garden In Ne - The Doors
BELLOWING Recorded 10 April 1970 At Boston Arena In Boston, Massachusetts - The Doors
ROADHOUSE BLUES Recorded April 1970 At Boston Arena In Boston, Massachusetts - The Doors
ALABAMA SONG (WHISKY BAR) Recorded 17 Jan 1970 At Felt Forum Madison Square Garden In New York, New - The Doors
LOVE ME TWO TIMES/BABY PLEASE DON'T GO/ ST JAMES INFIRMARY Recorded 21 August 1970 At Bakersfield C - The Doors
THE END Recorded 8 May 1970 At Cobo Arena In Detroit, Michigan - The Doors
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

a great place to look for that info is the new BMA website, thanks to radio is moaning.....BRAVO
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

It is a nice little collection, but I always thought it was a little unnecessary at the time of release. It would have been nice had The Doors launched the live releases with a full show versus a compilation. Old news now....
Frequincy

Post by Frequincy »

midnightx wrote:It is a nice little collection, but I always thought it was a little unnecessary at the time of release. It would have been nice had The Doors launched the live releases with a full show versus a compilation. Old news now....
Agreed. The only reason I bought it was for the Bakersfield tracks. :wink:
He is the Last Dinosaur!
aefelds

bakersfield tracks

Post by aefelds »

is this the only "release" that the bakersfield tracks are on?
Let me sleep all night in your Soul Kitchen...
The Royal Sperm

Re: bakersfield tracks

Post by The Royal Sperm »

aefelds wrote:is this the only "release" that the bakersfield tracks are on?
yes, the only official release with bakers, but is available, as good as i remember,like 50 mins of that show, but if you count Lm2t is like an hour, good show
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
wheelz34gh

Post by wheelz34gh »

midnightx wrote:It is a nice little collection, but I always thought it was a little unnecessary at the time of release. It would have been nice had The Doors launched the live releases with a full show versus a compilation. Old news now....
In hindsight, I agree. But, I still remember driving back from Detroit - riding solo, smoking a joint, listening to the sampler (loudly) for the first time thinkin' bout how cool the next few years were gonna be w/ all of the claimed releases coming out in such a short amount of time. What was it, like a new release every 3 months over the next 4 years or something? Whatever it was, the feeling was truly far out!
MajorMojo

Post by MajorMojo »

I think The End from Detroit is a slightly alt. mix. Less of Ray's mic.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

MajorMojo wrote: I think The End from Detroit is a slightly alt. mix. Less of Ray's mic.
Not to mention that you can hear one of the band members (John I think) say "Well this is going to be another 15 minutes" at the beginning of the track. It's also missing the line "Wake Up!" on the sampler, but luckily it was restored on the Live In Detroit release.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

MajorMojo wrote:
The mix on the Pittsburgh tracks were also different and quite lifeless.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

midnightx wrote:
MajorMojo wrote:
The mix on the Pittsburgh tracks were also different and quite lifeless.
More or less everything on the sampler was pre-mixed. The official releases of Philly, Pitts, and Boston in particular sound different compared to the represented tracks on the sampler because of the reverb added by Bruce on those releases. I think there was some slight reverb added to AQ as well, mainly to the vocals I think? Compare Crystal Ship from the Sampler and the AQ2 release and you'll see what I mean.