Brave New World, Ciro's, Gizzarri's...

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

Brave New World, Ciro's, Gizzarri's...

Post by jamestkirk »

A brave new world. It was indeed. The hot spot for a while in LA. I remember reading the liner notes of the Byrds first album, playing Brave New World, and about the Sherwood Forest crowd....the beautiful people they were called then.

What clubs were your favorites or most favorite to play? Any gigs or incidents that stand out as most memorable?
Did Sons of Adam play all the clubs too, Michael?
(where are you Michael?)

LoVE took over the top spot in LA when the Byrds went on tour...wish I had been there...we had the coffee houses and folk singers and then larger venues with the likes of the Airplane etc....but alas, NO LoVE!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

The Hulabaloo and the Whiskey were by far, my favorite places to play! I'll leave room for Michael to respond to the other questions.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

There are some nice pics of Love at the Hullabaloo and Whisky in the book "Riot on Sunset Strip: Rock and Roll's Last Stand in Hollywood." Arthur wrote the forward to the book. There's a also a pic of some spirited dancers on stage during a Love show at the Hullabaloo.