Black Beauty & Two Sides...-Gene Clark & Arthur Lee

LOVE was another great band from the 60's and of course VERY Doors related.
I think it would be great to have this special topic about the band who was such a big example for The Doors.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

Black Beauty & Two Sides...-Gene Clark & Arthur Lee

Post by jamestkirk »

Kindly posted at Torben's about High Moon's inaugural releases!!

High Moon Records Newsletter # 1

Greetings, and welcome to High Moon Records first-ever newsletter. Phew! It was quite a while getting here -- but now that we've arrived, the view is as spectacular as we hoped it would be. Below is a sneak-preview of Diane Lee's (wife of the great Arthur Lee) essay that accompanies Ben Edmonds' epic liner notes, which thoroughly examine the least-documented period of Arthur's life: the years immediately preceding, and the story of the recording of the never-before-released, Love Black Beauty album. We have also assembled a sample of some of the glowing press we've received to date -- most of which is on Black Beauty, as an unexpected bit of European bureaucracy prevented us from actually securing the rights to Gene Clark's Two Sides To Every Story, for a number of months after we initially signed the contract. In any event, although we had to forestall getting the 'Two Sides' promos into the proper hands for quite some time, I am happy to
report that ultimately, the response was overwhelming. So, in the next few months, look for Gene Clark to become the media darling he was always meant to be!

We are truly honored and exhilarated to launch our label with these stellar albums by two of the most distinctive and inspirational musicians of the Rock era -- or any era, for that matter. Did we think it would take this long? No. However, this is our first time out of the gates, and we sincerely appreciate your patience while we have endeavored to present our first two releases in the state-of-the-art fashion that befits the music, its creators, and passionate music fans, who will be able to savor these recordings, and experience them in unparalleled sonic and visual richness. At High Moon Records, we are committed to releasing music with loving care, and uncompromising attention to detail. Music is simply too vital a resource to be accorded anything less.

Stay tuned: Our next newsletter will be coming your way in a few weeks with pre-order information for the limited edition first-pressings of Love's Black Beauty and Gene Clark's Two Sides To Every Story.

[Press release sent to media - 12/11]

Banner Year For High Moon Records' Inaugural Releases ...
Love's 'Black Beauty' and Gene Clark's 'Two Sides To Every Story'

High Moon Records would like to thank all the journalists and editors for the great reviews the albums have received thus far, and sincerely appreciates their patience. We would also like to extend our utmost gratitude to the estates of Arthur Lee and Gene Clark and all the fans who have reached out to us, as we've worked to give these timeless albums by two of the foremost Rock singer-songwriters the ultimate releases they deserve. We assure you, it will be worth the wait. Due to European rights issues and finalization of bonus tracks, the release date for both albums has been moved to early 2012. One of our primary goals from the start was to release these albums in a manner that would have made Gene Clark & Arthur Lee proud. We continue to work diligently toward that goal. -George Baer Wallace and J.D. Martignon.

Click here to read an essay from Arthur Lee's widow Diane Lee included in 'Black Beauty'
liner notes: tinyurl.com/7ea4xcp [see link below]

-submitted by bobacerow

GOOD NEWS!! Gene and Arthur...NONE BETTER!! I treasure my original vinyl and now we have releases to those great albums justice!!

Here is a full link to the press release that really does work if one clicks on it! -jtk

http://shorefire.com/index.php?a=pressrelease&o=5480
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Some plays & info from High Moon Records..high fi ...and special pre orders 1 month before released to public

http://www.highmoonrecords.com/shop/
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley