Isle of Wight Filming

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

Chris M

Post by Chris M »

All of the major acts (and some of the minor acts) that played the 1970 IOW festival have released standalone CD's and/or DVD's of their sets. The one hold out is the Doors. That should tell you something.
doorman

Post by doorman »

That the Doors performance is spectacular.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Because it's cursed stuff... :twisted:
:lol:
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

BallroomDays67 wrote:
jamestkirk wrote:The 3 DVD Monterey POP is a good example of a concert that finally got it's due with the full 3 disc set.....DVD's 2 and 3 featuring Jimi, Otis, and also Buffalo Springfield, Laura Nyro......NICE! :mrgreen:
The Doors Live the Isle Of Wight 1970 Criterion Collection DVD. It has a nice ring to it! :D Features include: commentary by the three surviving Doors (two seperate commentaries, of course), backstage interview, rare and unseen photographs and reproduction memorabilia.
Now that would be mind blowing. Their Isle Of Wight does something to me. I love it.
doorman

Post by doorman »

The Palace Of Exile was an interesting thoughtful title for a bootleg, what's the story with WTMO?, what parts are missing from the audio SB bootleg?, there is an audience recording which has been used to patch The End which i've heard-awesome!
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

Has Jeff stated anything about if they re dealing with Sony for a release of IOW in DVD >?
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

doorman wrote:The Palace Of Exile was an interesting thoughtful title for a bootleg, what's the story with WTMO?, what parts are missing from the audio SB bootleg?, there is an audience recording which has been used to patch The End which i've heard-awesome!
The master clone shared on this board was complete, no cuts during WTMO or The End and a longer audience fade out.
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

lizardkingteo wrote:Has Jeff stated anything about if they re dealing with Sony for a release of IOW in DVD >?

Expect this when we get a complete Matrix release from the original tapes.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

wha happened wrote:
lizardkingteo wrote:Has Jeff stated anything about if they re dealing with Sony for a release of IOW in DVD >?

The headline that day will be...."Hell freezes over!" :wink:
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

wha happened wrote:

i dont think tha there will be a new release of the Matrix! what they had to release it they released it !
too shame they didnt think right to release a box set something like the complete matrix tapes !
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

jamestkirk wrote:
wha happened wrote:

The headline that day will be...."Hell freezes over!" :wink:
That is not good is it? Shoot. :(
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

sometime ago on the LL Jeff said this ain't so, "Expect this when we get a complete Matrix release from the original tapes." meaning sooner than later....but i'm just going by what i've heard thru the grapevine....i think it will be released in 2009, just a guess...
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

lovemygirl wrote:sometime ago on the LL Jeff said this ain't so, "Expect this when we get a complete Matrix release from the original tapes." meaning sooner than later....but i'm just going by what i've heard thru the grapevine....i think it will be released in 2009, just a guess...
i hope so ! i ll pm Jeff but i wont hoping for an answer!
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

lovemygirl wrote:sometime ago on the LL Jeff said this ain't so, "Expect this when we get a complete Matrix release from the original tapes." meaning sooner than later....but i'm just going by what i've heard thru the grapevine....i think it will be released in 2009, just a guess...
How much do you want to bet? Grapevine eh? I heard it directly from the grower.

What else has Jeff said? they have the Matrix masters and we don't know what we're talking about, no more Best Of's, Perception was going to be limited, but he didn't say it was only the original packaging that was limited, there is no N-O tape, no one ever gave them info on tapers..the list goes on. IOW in 2009? riiight.

And in case anyone didn't catch the sarcasm...I also meant I don't expect to see a proper Matrix release anytime soon.
Last edited by wha happened on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

lizardkingteo wrote:
wha happened wrote:

What else has Jeff said? they have the Matrix masters and we don't know what we're talking about, no more Best Of's, Perception was going to be limited, but he didn't say it was only the original packaging that was limited, there is no N-O tape, no one ever gave them info on tapers..the list goes on. IOW in 2009? riiight.

And in case anyone didn't catch the sarcasm...I also meant I don't expect to see a proper Matrix release anytime soon.
Do you expect to see an IOW release in 2009 ? :|
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

fuck no
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

No Matrix, no iow. That's just great. :(
doorman

Post by doorman »

Thank god for bootlegs.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

thank God some people around here =)
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

i was just taking a guess Greg, calm down and have a glass a wine from that grower you know....
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

I'm calm. "Heard it through the grapevine" is much different than "taking a guess".
hardrockcafe

Post by hardrockcafe »

wha happened wrote:

Hi - assuming the Doors eventually acquire the masters from Mr. Abram sometime this year (I understand negotiations are ongoing but slow), when are your sources telling you the band will actually commercially issue a complete Matrix box (if ever)?

Jampol has gone quiet (probably muzzled by lawyers) on the Matrix release, so I'm curious if there is still an intent on the part of the band to issue the full tapes from the masters.

Thanks
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

sometime ago on the LL Jeff said this ain't so, "Expect this when we get a complete Matrix release from the original tapes." meaning sooner than later....but i'm just going by what i've heard thru the grapevine....i think it will be released in 2009, just a guess..

hey greg, i know my english is not the best but whats your problems?, here let me explain ,in case i'm moving to quick for you, grapevine- meant Jeff, and everything else meant a guess," i think it will be released in 2009, just a guess.".....
Is this not a forum to disscuse the doors, not ridicule other members of this forum? you still mad that everyone knows you lied about you stated i said,wrote? its been deleted, for reasons that i don't need to explain...you still wanna fight? right?, you don't like me? right? all because you can't have everything your way, -i'll bet on that! dude,relax, my uncle won't sell anything till he gets your approval...okay? ..... and why should i send you samples? i asked for your thoughts not your money, i never asked you to buy or purchase anything from me or my uncle, i asked only for your help... shit- we should all just start a new thread, call it "ASK GREG!!!!" thats a good idea, you up to it?, or you don't like get'n all the attention?...everybody else reading this would love this idea, all questions directred and answer'd by greg,you,only you,come on man- step up to the plate..
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

hey that's a neat idea!
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

as neat as can be....
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

so, like what else can we expect in 2009 besides the IOW, Felt Forum and Matrix?
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

i don't think the complete matrix will be released in 2009....

i'm just hoping for the felt forum boxset 2009,thats all....maybe more, maybe IOW?,maybe a Vince BOX set? ...who knows? we can all but guess,,, wait do you know? do you know whats gonna be released in 2009,huh...? should we start a new thread?

maybe the soundtrack to the new DOC. ??? maybe, a guess....just a guess
spyma2

Post by spyma2 »

wha happened wrote:so, like what else can we expect in 2009 besides the IOW, Felt Forum and Matrix?
Greg you forgot about all 4 1969 Mexico shows and New Orleans 1970 all scheduled for 2009,LOL!!!!

Through the years on the Lounge Lizard and here, Greg has been very helpful to me and plenty of other members about The Doors, so value what he says.

Keith
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

in the past, i did, until recently, when he straight out lied about my word, and thats all i have on a computer...my word...i stand by my words...hey, i still look forward to learning more from greg, he knows his shit, no doute, but he shouldn't start lies on forums...
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

i agree,sorry for any trouble i may have caused, lets all move on, and talk about why we are all here on the freedom man forum, the doors...PEACE LOVE HAPPYNESS