'The Doors: Live In Vancouver' - Nov. 22, 2010

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Frequincy wrote:
TheDoorsMusic wrote:
glenn wrote: Down to $13.85. You just can't lose with these people ;)
It' down to $11.88 now. :mrgreen:
I preordered it yesterday for $11.88, thanks for the heads up :D
Right on. Image
jim91m

Post by jim91m »

sooner or later end up these releases, and so you need to, make out, new video, maybe the live DVD, as:

- ISLE OF WIGHT 1970 DVD
- ROUNDHOUSE 1 AND 2 SHOW 1968 (COLOR) HOPE
- TORONTO ROCK REVIVAL FESTIVAL 1969 (MAYBEEEE)
- and wht not TAMPALPAIS OUTDOORS THEATER 1967

BOYS, ONE THING IS CERTAIN, SOONER OR LATER ONE OF THESE SHOWS WILL BE PUBLISHED THE FIRST WILL SURELY: ISLE OF WIGHT, THEN, I BELIEVE, we'll see ALSO the other, it concerns ARE INTENDED TO BE ISSUED
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

hardrockcafe wrote:They've had the Matrix masters tapes in hand since April 2009 -- a year and a half ago. Strange that its taking so long for them to issue it, given the high regard for 67 live material.

Personally, I'm glad we are still getting any archival releases and I'll be buying Vancouver.

However, I also understand your concern about 67 and 68 not being represented on BMA.

The fact they keep issuing 1970 stuff probably means they haven't yet acquired stuff like Stockholm 68.
I'm buying Vancouver too, but I buy every BMA release.

They probably wanted to put more distance between the two Matrix releases. Instead of looking like fools who could have released it properly the first time around, they can say that they were finally able to track down the owner of the original recordings, and after long and hard negotiations are thrilled to be able to release the recordings in their entirety from the zero generation masters. :lol:
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

jim91m wrote: - and wht not TAMPALPAIS OUTDOORS THEATER 1967
Second that! I just hope they will find that complete pro footage. :|
jim91m

Post by jim91m »

whaaat??? tell me
Lost Prophet wrote:
jim91m wrote: - and wht not TAMPALPAIS OUTDOORS THEATER 1967
Second that! I just hope they will find that complete pro footage. :|
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

jim91m wrote:whaaat??? tell me
Well, there is a little bit of a pro footage(one minute or so) with multiple angles. It is very well known among the collectors. It is from a German documentary.
glenn

Post by glenn »

BallroomDays67 wrote:Thanks for the heads up. It's back up to $13.85.
It's back to $11.88 (again)....in case anyone was holding out.
When I was a kid, we used to put pennies on the tracks and watch them get smashed.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

DeepDiscount.com also has a pretty good deal. Only $11.97 with free shipping. Not sure if they'll ship as quickly as Amazon though.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/f ... 000F92169/
glenn

Post by glenn »

Porsche wrote:DeepDiscount.com also has a pretty good deal. Only $11.97 with free shipping. Not sure if they'll ship as quickly as Amazon though.
It's a good deal...but you're right about the shipping concern: I ordered a similarly-priced, new-release item on DeepDiscount a few months ago, with the free shipping, and I got it about 3 weeks after the release date. Definitely the slow boat.
Last edited by glenn on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I was a kid, we used to put pennies on the tracks and watch them get smashed.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

"Ass" by Badfinger is finally being released in the U.S. on CD. I ordered it along with the Vancouver CD, and used this website to find a 16 cent item to bring my order total above the $25 minimum for free shipping...

http://www.filleritem.com/

It's a great order if your also a Badfinger fan.

EDIT: Never mind. I just noticed that the "Ass" CD was raised from $12.99 to $13.99. Hopefully they'll lower it back down to $12.99.
glenn

Post by glenn »

The Amazon page was updated recently to include sound clips (no big deal as we've already had access through the BMA website) and track times. (I figured the latter might be of some interest.)
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

glenn wrote:The Amazon page was updated recently to include sound clips (no big deal as we've already had access through the BMA website) and track times. (I figured the latter might be of some interest.)
Cool. The Amazon samples are better quality than those on the BMA site. Interesting that the opening track is over 5 minutes long. And the last track has a pretty funny outro we've never heard before.
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but The End also has a short cut in it, I think at 5:54 just before Ride The Snake comes in....? Maybe it's just my 'unauthorized' copy.... the organ definitely does some funny pitch bending, and it sounds like a tape being paused/unpaused during recording.

Also around the 2-3 min mark theres an obvious cut just before Jim comes in with Across The Sea. I've edited this post three times now!

So anyway The End will be complete. I might break out the aud tape this week and give that a whirl before the remaster arrives... and maybe I won't be SO harsh on Bruce's digital verb :)
LaurelCanyon

Post by LaurelCanyon »

MistyJm wrote:I am going to pre-order at a site I have no experience with yet.

http://www.eci.nl/muziek/live-in-vancou ... 1227978686

€ 19,99

I couldn't find Vancouver listed as pre-order on Bol where I normally buy it. Still can't find it there, wich is odd. They always have the pre-orders up quick.

Ed I hope you don't mind me asking. Where are you/or did you pre-order?
Cause you are also from Holland and I remember you had huge trouble with delivery with the Felt forum box set.
Monique, I've preordered this via Amazon for $11,88 and $6,48 shipping & handling costs. Totally costs are $18,36. Converted to Euro's it's a total of € 13,64.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

LaurelCanyon wrote:
MistyJm wrote:I am going to pre-order at a site I have no experience with yet.

http://www.eci.nl/muziek/live-in-vancou ... 1227978686

€ 19,99

I couldn't find Vancouver listed as pre-order on Bol where I normally buy it. Still can't find it there, wich is odd. They always have the pre-orders up quick.

Ed I hope you don't mind me asking. Where are you/or did you pre-order?
Cause you are also from Holland and I remember you had huge trouble with delivery with the Felt forum box set.
Monique, I've preordered this via Amazon for $11,88 and $6,48 shipping & handling costs. Totally costs are $18,36. Converted to Euro's it's a total of € 13,64.
Out of curiosity I checked the German Amazon for the Vancouver release.
But they don't even have it. Not for pre-order and no date as to when it will arrive. Anything.

http://www.amazon.de/Live-Vancouver-Doo ... 743&sr=8-1

Derzeit nicht verfügbar.
Ob und wann dieser Artikel wieder vorrätig sein wird, ist unbekannt.

It's time Amazon opened in Holland too.
Thanks again btw. Gonna pre-order also at Amazon. :)
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

I'm not sure yet where I will order my copy, Monique.I haven't looked into it yet, due to work etc..
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:I'm not sure yet where I will order my copy, Monique.I haven't looked into it yet, due to work etc..
Dat begrijp ik heel goed Ed. Het is goed om te horen dat de zaak zo goed loopt joh. Dat is alleen maar mooi. Gaat alles wel goed met je?
Als er wat is, geef maar een gil. Dat weet je. :wink:
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Het loopt goed, alleen moeten we een hoop regelen omdat er twee zwanger zijn! Erg leuk als je een niet zo grote zaak hebt! :/ !!

Verder gaat het redelijk, ik hoop met jouw ook, je kunt altijd pm,-en.
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

thefreed wrote:Het loopt goed, alleen moeten we een hoop regelen omdat er twee zwanger zijn! Erg leuk als je een niet zo grote zaak hebt! :/ !!

Verder gaat het redelijk, ik hoop met jouw ook, je kunt altijd pm,-en.
Misschien moet ik niet lachen maar ik kan het niet helpen.Ik schoot enorm in de lach toen ik die zin zag. :lol:

Fijn om te horen dat het wel goed gaat joh. Met mij gaat het stukken beter. Voel me stukken positiever nou ik eindelijk hulp heb gezocht met het afsluiten van bepaalde dingen. Ik zal weer terug naar het topic gaan. Sommige dingen zijn inderdaad beter voor pm. :wink:
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

...i will have a copy next week of the new release by BMA, i just found out a little while ago, i will post a review as soon as i can....personaly i would have liked a booklet to be available with the release....albert king a plus in my book , better than having j. sebation standing in.... but a sound board of madison square garden with harvey brooks would be the best, .... :D
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

lovemygirl wrote:...i will have a copy next week of the new release by BMA, i just found out a little while ago, i will post a review as soon as i can....personaly i would have liked a booklet to be available with the release....albert king a plus in my book , better than having j. sebation standing in.... but a sound board of madison square garden with harvey brooks would be the best, .... :D
Thanks Nicole.....you have friends in high places. Looking forward to the review.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
jim91m

Post by jim91m »

Lost Prophet wrote:
jim91m wrote:whaaat??? tell me
Well, there is a little bit of a pro footage(one minute or so) with multiple angles. It is very well known among the collectors. It is from a German documentary.
but the doors have this concert (filmed entirely pro-shot) in the private archive!!! :)
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

jim91m wrote:but the doors have this concert (filmed entirely pro-shot) in the private archive!!! :)
How do you know that? Any info? If they really have it, they will surely release it someday. Fingers crossed.
jim91m

Post by jim91m »

Lost Prophet wrote:
jim91m wrote:but the doors have this concert (filmed entirely pro-shot) in the private archive!!! :)
How do you know that? Any info? If they really have it, they will surely release it someday. Fingers crossed.
IN THIS VIDEO:
http://american-prayer.blogspot.com/200 ... 10-67.html
we see clearly that the concert was filmed, professionally, from 3-4 cameras, I now, I'm not sure that the doors have it in their private archive ... but I think so ... I will ask jeff
STAY TUNED!!! ;)
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

Vancouver it's 11.88 right now on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Doors-Live-Vancou ... 158&sr=8-1
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

^^ who cares :P
Carnival dog
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

desertlizard wrote:^^ who cares :P
Everyone else.
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

Porsche wrote:
desertlizard wrote:^^ who cares :P
Everyone else.
well some folks around here cant say the same :mrgreen:
Carnival dog
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

desertlizard wrote:well some folks around here cant say the same :mrgreen:
That's fine, but there's no reason to be rude to someone who's just sharing the latest price update. There are a lot of members here and I think the majority of them want to know when the price drops so they can get the best deal.
hardrockcafe

Post by hardrockcafe »

The Royal Sperm wrote:Vancouver it's 11.88 right now on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Doors-Live-Vancou ... 158&sr=8-1
Thanks for the tip on the price drop! I just placed my pre-order on Amazon to capture the lower price.