The Beautiful Die Young vinyl LP

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

mystery_train67

The Beautiful Die Young vinyl LP

Post by mystery_train67 »

Is anybody interested in this LP? I have seen it at a local record store. I'm tempted to buy it because it's kinda cool to have vinyl bootlegs despite their being over priced, mislabeled, hi-gen sources, but if anybody else wants it for their collection maybe we can swap.

Just checking......
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

It is not a good bootleg. It contains Matrix copied from a high gen dub and as far as I remember, a mislabeled information about New Orleans recording, when in fact, it is not. If it is vinyl, it's probably worth having, but otherwise, not a great listen.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

I like the history behind some of the old vinyl releases. And, aside from sound quality, some CD bootlegs can look as good as an official release. I'd still like to get a copy of the Aquarian Symphony box set. BMA should do something similar with all 3 releases and take the opportunity to lower the price on them and fix some of the audio problems.

This site is a nice resource for Doors bootlegs in case you find any others you'd like more details on: http://www.doorsinfo.com
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

What a terrible mistake I made, sorry. I have switched this bootleg with "The Black Angel's Death Song - Blues Before Sunrise", which is, by my opinion, the worst Doors bootleg.
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

Lost Prophet wrote:What a terrible mistake I made, sorry. I have switched this bootleg with "The Black Angel's Death Song - Blues Before Sunrise", which is, by my opinion, the worst Doors bootleg.
hah yes i did notice. i bought that bootleg when i was very young. terrible! beautiful die young is a mash of toronto 69 and stockholm (i think).

i didn't buy it, even though it does look nice. maybe i'll go back this sunday and offer the guy half of what he's asking.
Verdilac1974

Post by Verdilac1974 »

The Beautiful Die Young LP ( & CD too ) featured a "bassy" sounding version of the Toronto 69' concert. Now check the back cover... great pic of Jim circa september 68', rarely seen...
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

That bootleg has Toronto '69, very good quality, but also as you say "bassy" and surpisingly, slow copy, about 3.2% lower pitch than what it should sound like (I believe it's a 3rd gen). That's what makes Jim's vocal more dark and that's why I don't like that recording very much (1st gen is much, much better, credit goes to Porsche for that copy).
I saw Stockholm '68 listed, but only on LP, they omitted the show on CD? Strange. Would like to know what copy is Stockholm and how does it sound.
Verdilac1974

Post by Verdilac1974 »

Yes Toronto 69 1st gen is of very good sound quality, but I still do prefer to listen to the "Copulations" LP for this show...
Verdilac1974

Post by Verdilac1974 »

Stockholm 68 as featured on the double LP The Beautiful Die Young is sounding "bassy" too... wasn't released on the CD version,bootleggers only released the Toronto show.