What's in your Doors Collection?

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

MysticHeatedWine wrote:Thanks. I'll try to post more images over the weekend. Question: I have 12 images from the late show at Frankfurt which are on a Contact Sheet I bought. I've never seen these photos anywhere. The problem is the images are only 2 and a half by one and a half inches each and , when I try to blow them up the quality suffers. Any suggestions ?
I think you should just upload the entire contact sheet as one image.
If you can scan it in hi-resolution that'd be the best you could do.
MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

Alright . I'll try it that way. In the meantime these are 3 photos I found a few months ago. I think they're from some reception Elektra must have thrown for either Other Voices or Full Circle. I'm guessing Other Voices since Robby has his beard. I think that's Jac Holtzman in the one photo. The person in the leather with his back turned to the camera talking to Ray is NOT Jim. I thought it was at first but it's not.

"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

They all disappeared..
Did you accidentally delete them all?
MysticHeatedWine

I tried doing several at once. Please let me know if these came out. Sorry if I screwed up again, but I'm new to this. If the images can't be seen, I'll try again later. There are still a few more from Frankfurt.

Michael
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

looking good, Michael..thanks for posting those frankfurt pics :wink:
MysticHeatedWine

No problem, Andreas. :D I had promised you awhile ago I would. I'll try to post some of the others over the weekend. I'll do my best since I'm still having problems with my scanner.
MysticHeatedWine

Backstage at Frankfurt , 9 / 14 / 68. Is that Dorothy amongst the group ? Not sure.
universalmind69

MysticHeatedWine wrote:Image

Backstage at Frankfurt , 9 / 14 / 68. Is that Dorothy amongst the group ? Not sure.
sure looks like it...
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

Looks like maybe Lynn too.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Probably not much of an improvement, but a little bigger at least:

Thanks for sharing these, MysticHeatedWine.
Mystery Train

Post by Mystery Train »

nice fotos, thanks alot!
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

nice one on the pic's, Porsche! :D
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
MysticHeatedWine

Thanks for making them bigger. I'm not as good at dealing with photos as some of the technical gurus on the Board. Will post more from my collection soon. Basically, I'm trying to post photos that either haven't been seen before or , at least , haven't been seen that often. Back when I was on the "Other" Board, before I had the sense to quit it, it used to aggravate me that people would post the same photos over and over again. Thanks again.

Michael
Mystery Train

Post by Mystery Train »

haven't seen this before. i wonder how many pics there are with robby's eyes closed? :lol:
J.B.Marx

Post by J.B.Marx »

jim4371 wrote:Looks like maybe Lynn too.
Yip on the right.

(at least that was the first thing that came up in my mind).

GREAT FUCKING PICS BTW!!!!!!!!
MysticHeatedWine

Complete 1968 Contact Sheet

For the sake of completeness, here's the complete sheet with all 13 photos. I had promised UniversalMind awhile ago I would post them all and am happy to FINALLY honor that promise. Maybe one of the gurus on the Board can do them justice.

The only other time I've ever seen any of these sheets offered for auction was a Cooper Owen auction a few months ago in London in which 4 different sheets by the same photographer were put up for auction. I was intending to bid on them but me, the moron, forgot to take into account the time difference and, when I logged in to put in a bid, the auction had already ended. The winner only paid 200 bucks for them. I was intending to bid much more.

There are more such photos out there, most of which have probably never been seen before. Hopefully they'll turn up someday. I think the photog might have been mentioned in one of the Doors bios. Not sure.

TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

You have some pretty cool stuff in your collection, MHW. Thanks for sharing with us and keep it coming. Image
universalmind69

Re: Complete 1968 Contact Sheet

MysticHeatedWine wrote:The only other time I've ever seen any of these sheets offered for auction was a Cooper Owen auction a few months ago in London in which 4 different sheets by the same photographer were put up for auction. I was intending to bid on them but me, the moron, forgot to take into account the time difference and, when I logged in to put in a bid, the auction had already ended. The winner only paid 200 bucks for them. I was intending to bid much more.
I intended to bid on those too......unfortunately the exact thing happened to me as well, I`ve been kicking myself ever since :cry: :mrgreen:

only $200 for the four contact sheets....damn...thanks for posting the whole sheet though Michael :wink:
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Thanks for posting the rest. These scans were smaller and so more out-of-focus when they were toyed with in Photoshop. But you get a nice sense of movement in the sequence:

MysticHeatedWine

Thanks. I'll post more stuff. Promise. I like this Board better than the "other" one. Better vibes. :D
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Thanks, that vibe is what we are proud of! :D
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Agreed. Image
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

Just found this one, I thought I'd lost it.
Bought it on eBay a while ago for $5.
It's signed on the timing strip of a promo copy of the Mahavishnu Orchestra/John McLaughlin album, Inner Worlds.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

By the way, Here' Ray asking me if it was possible for him to get those awesome sideburns...

universalmind69

Got this funny little item off of ebay recently, 35mm slide showing a billboard promoting the LA Woman album in 1971:

June 7th 1968, Fresno Fairgrounds handbill (also off of ebay):

Last edited by universalmind69 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

Nice! I don't think I'd ever seen the LA Woman billboard before though I had heard about it.
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

universalmind69 wrote:Got this funny little item off of ebay recently, 35mm slide showing a billboard promoting the LA Woman album in 1971:

Fantastic!
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

thefreed wrote:By the way, Here' Ray asking me if it was possible for him to get those awesome sideburns...

Ray: "You do know it's going to cost you $20 if I sign this, don't you?"
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

TheDoorsMusic wrote: Ray: "You do know it's going to cost you $20 if I sign this, don't you?"
Ed: Jawhaaaa?
Ray: GOTCHA!

... it's $50.